Payment for Security Deposits must accompany all online applications and may only be made by Interac online (Debit only, credit cards are not accepted).
Please Note – Payments can only be accepted through the following financial institutions*:
- Royal Bank
- TD Canada Trust (some Visa debit cards not accepted)
- First Nations Bank of Canada
- Access Credit Union
- Assiniboine Credit Union
- Steinbach Credit Union
Online payments may only be made for security deposits through the Towers Realty Group website.
- Processing of applications can take up to 5 business days once all supporting documentation has been received.
- Once your application is received a Leasing Administrator will contact you to review your application and determine what further information and supporting documentation may be required.
- If any further information is required, you will be provided an email address and fax number to which it can be sent, or you may drop it off at our office during regular business hours or in our drop box after hours.
- If a Leasing Administrator has not contacted you within two business days of application, please call our office during regular business hours to confirm receipt.
- You may cancel your application at any time prior to approval. Cancellations must be received in writing to our office in order to process refunds.
- Once an application has been approved, cancellations may be subject to charges against the security deposit resulting in a partial refund (fees are determined by our leasing office in accordance with the Manitoba Residential Tenancies Act guidelines).
- Deposits may be refunded if:
- An application is cancelled
- An application is declined
- Refunds cannot be processed within 3 business days of transaction due to processing times of online payments.
- Original receipt must be presented to our office in order to process a refund (NOTE: you must print your receipt after processing your online transaction).
- Refunds must be processed in person at our office during regular business hours, Mon – Fri 8:30am through 4:30pm.
- Photo identification may be required at time refund is processed.
- Refunds may also be issued by cheque in exceptional circumstances only**; processing times for cheques may vary.
If your application is approved, your security deposit will be held in accordance with the Manitoba Residential Tenancies Act until such time as it may be returned in accordance with the Act. For more information on security deposits, please call our office at 204-956-2739 or visit http://www.gov.mb.ca/cca/rtb/
*(Some cards issued by the above institutions (such as certain VISA Debit cards) may not work as our system recognizes them as credit cards and not debit cards. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause)
**(exceptional circumstances include application submitted by out of province resident or infirm/incapable person unable to attend our office for medical reasons, etc…)